For a satisfying healing experience
EMOTIONAL / MENTAL
Most of our bodies are polluted with all kinds of stimulating, energy-heavy and toxic foods from our modern diets: foods full of too much salt, sugar and caffeine. If you remove those toxins beforehand, it is easier for ayahuasca to work in your body. OMMIJ’s plant diet is designed to open you up, to help you connect with the spirits of the plants, receive their lessons, develop new healing abilities and visions, and reach deeper levels of spiritual understanding.
We recommend that participants detoxify themselves with a plant-based diet and avoid foods containing tyramines. Participants should start their diet at least seven days before drinking ayahuasca or San Pedro and continue the diet for seven days after the last ceremony. A minimum of three days before and after is needed if the recommended seven days are not feasible. Some products may cause nausea or headaches when combined with ayahuasca or San Pedro.
Products to avoid with ayahuasca and San Pedro
- Processed dairy products (yoghurt, sour cream and buttermilk)
- Aged and mature cheese, farmer’s cheese or other unpasteurised cheese (cottage cheese and young cheese are allowed)
- Dried and fermented sausages (salami, cervelat, corned beef, liver, etc.)
- Meat, fish and eggs that are not fresh
- Pickled herring and salted dried fish
- Meat extracts
- Yeast products such as marmite (bread is allowed)
- Fruit (figs, bananas, pineapple, avocados, sultanas, plums and raspberries)
- Peanuts and other nuts
- Broad beans, sugar snap peas, soya beans, lentils, etc.
- Soy sauce
- LSA (Morning Glory and Baby Hawaiian Woodrose seeds)
- MDA-related spices (calamus and nutmeg)
- Products containing caffeine (coffee, tea, cola, energy drinks, etc.)
- St John’s wort
Find your true self and become free again.